Friday, November 13, 2009

play like the one person in the room can give you an album deal

After a month or so of no gigs I managed to pick myself up The Cassette Kids supported by Red Ink and Canvas Kites at the Northcote Social Club in Melbourne. I had hardly used the 5D2 and 50D since I got them over a month ago so was keen to give 'em a wirl. Took a new combo with me tonight: 70-200 2.8 on the 5D2 and 10-22 on the 50D.. it worked pretty well although I may go back to the 17-35 2.8 on the 50D next time, the 10-22 is good but at f3.5 to f4.5 it was just a little bit too slow.

I got there to watch Red Ink play to me, a bar person, the light guy, sound guy and what I assume was a girlfriend- but they didn't hold back and put on an awesome show, catch these guys if you can. 2nd was Canvas Kites - and I wasn't really feeling it - the light was shit but there was also fuck all energy coming from the stage.. maybe an off night...

Cassette Kids were initally upstaged by a very drunk couple in the front who basically, without mincing words - fucked up the first three songs with their bad dancing, clapping out of time and generally just being too drunk - all sorted out with a loud cheer when they got booted out..

anyway.. onwards and upwards.

As usual, I learnt everything about gig photography from this guy

And I didn't have to pay for the gig because of these guys

And I have lots of photos here!




























3 comments:

  1. third shot down - I like very much !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.. i'm more a fan of 1 and 2 myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 & 2 are v.cool too . . .
    but #3's a heart-melter - so sexy (great shot too ;-)

    ReplyDelete