Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dubgasm

Where have I been?!

I've been here...

Where?

Here!

I had a shit time photographing a gig last month (Mama Kin) the band was awesome but the light was shit - I pulled a very few half decent shots out - sent them to the Dwarf, I don't even think they published them, I didn't blog them or add them to Flickr, so I guess they just don't exist - which is fine by me!

I have been busy.. I saw thre
e very good bands in the last 2 weeks: Faith No More, Calexico and the Black Seeds.

Faith No More.. If you don't know who they are you can kindly leave..

Calexico: Awesome, just awesome, one of my favorite bands. Alt-country with a twist of everything else - you really need to check them out if you don't know them.

One of my all-time favourite bands from New Zealand is a band called
The Black Seeds.
I first saw them one New Years Eve when I was in Christchurch to see another NZ dub band called
Salmonella Dub. What's this? I thought.. a bunch of (mostly) white boys from Wellington making kick-ass reggae / dub??!! sweet as bro! I have seen them in NZ, Sydney and Melbourne - it's always great to catch a show. Clever little bastards. I got my photo pass through a friend this time, and because they are Kiwis making awesome music, the Aussies get annoyed and didn't seem to want to cover the gig - so I had the photo pit to myself!

I have alot of shows to pho
tograph in the next month: ME, Yves Klein Blue, The Boat People, Seabellies and Otouto. The band I play in, Audiac is getting everything ready for the release of El Toroloco - our 2nd album.. so it's busy busy busy

onwards and upwards























































No comments:

Post a Comment