Sunday, March 21, 2010

[title]

I have never been surrounded by so many hipster kids in a long while, I felt like I was the oldest person in the crowd by about 15 years (I just said to myself: "it must be an all ages gig Mike... yea.. that's it) maybe I just felt old because I was at the Espy last night till 1am (did I mention that ME didn't come on till 12.30am at all?)

I had already put Yves Klein Blue in a box before I even heard them - I saw a photo and knew they were supporting Franz Ferdinand so I automatically though "Franz Ferdinand rip-off" I was excellently wrong and was treated to a great show - I had been told the album has had bad reviews but I didn't mind the music and it's hard to tell what the songs are really like when you are trying to get photos. Cloud Control were pretty good too, as was Last Dinosaurs but they lacked stage presence so.. NO PHOTO FOR YOU!


now to the bizness...


































I am pleased to announce a BRAND NEW SECTION to my blog!


It's well documented that musicians pull faces and / or make noises while they are playing.
I used to know a drummer who would make a growling noise whenever he did a drum roll, it was so bad that I people had problems taking it out of recordings and on one occasion he scared the guitarist he was playing with - I make noises when I play - I'm not sure about my cum face.. but each gig I'll try and find the best cum face and add it to the pics - if not just so we can have a laugh (and I can generate more hits from males ages 17 - 50) todays award goes to the bass player from Yves Klein Blue - it looks like it's been a long time between face...


but I bet it hasn't..







No comments:

Post a Comment