Monday, November 15, 2010

.

I photographed Perth band, The Chemist at The Grace Darling on Smith Street.

They were supported by two generic tight pants wearing, hollow body Gibson guitar having pointy shoed bands (who were really quite good) but shit man, it's all getting a little long in the tooth - I spent most of their sets wondering what the next fad is going to be (I predict lady bands) and wishing for it to arrive fast.

The Chemists, however, were great. Maybe it's because I think Tom Waits is awesome and there was some Tom Waits influence shining through, maybe it's just cos they were different from all the other bands I have been seeing...


anyway.























































2 comments:

  1. (as usual) the bass player was pulling a few... maybe if you ask real nice I will dig one out for you.

    ReplyDelete