Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kaki King

I didn't know if I was going to make it to this one. The band that I play in also had a gig on that night so I had to 'jet' (I'm so 2008) as soon as we finished to get to the Corner Hotel on time for kaki's set. I normally turn up quite early to get a good position for the first few songs then spend the rest of the gig walkin round getting photos of the band from different vantage points, but I had to settle with something like 3rd row back this time. She was good - I had youtubed her and myspaced her so I knew that she was some sort of guitar goddess who did this crazy tapping shit, ala Andy McKee. It was a good gig and the crowd was digging it but I left early cos I'm old and tired and my feet hurt.

review here
all photos here



































No comments:

Post a Comment