Saturday, March 26, 2011

Good Golly Miss Holly

Holly Throsby was my next performer to photograph for the Dwarf... I had had a quick listen on HerSpace when I applied for the gig, sounded alright - that cutsey aussie stuff that when done well is great to encounter. I thought at least if the music doesn't appeal to me, she is good to look at!

I didn't want to get there too early as I had seen one of the other acts before, and although I didn't NOT like them, I didn't get into them. Otouto: apart from not being able to say their name, I also can't really describe the music, which is a really good thing. I was happy to get there for the whole set and this time it was nice, although I still think that if I wasn't there to photograph and was just sitting down checking it out, I would have enjoyed it a lot more. They are one of the few different bands I have come across while photographing in Melbourne.

Holly Throsby and the Hello Tigers were a good band, really great musicians - there really is a clear distinction between Sydney girl band girls and Melbourne girl band girls though, very interesting.

Anyway, you probably skipped to here.. on with the pics!

See 'em all here
















































No comments:

Post a Comment