Sunday, April 17, 2011

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I was flicking through a local music rag last week and came across a short interview with Frankie Gionfriddo, one of the singers from Barbarion.

What's this? a band that dresses up like Barbarians?

hmmm.

yes.

I had not been to the Tote before - it was in the headlines last year because it was going to have to shut down due to some dumb law that came in, but was saved by marching through the streets of Melbourne and being all sad, and seems alive and well and a great venue that was well worth saving.

and dodgy.


I stood there, all alone - no friends (Andrew Duggan) were brave enough to come see this show - my beard made a friend, but I was alone.

It was the video launch of "My Rock" their new music video. That was a treat in itself. I loved the gig, I still am not sure if I actually loved it musically or if I loved photographing it - either way, it was a great thing to go and see - something a little different from the hipster pop rock electronica zig zag melly octopus that seems to be everywhere at the moment.

whole flickr set here


Barbarian (c) Michael Christian 2011
Barbarian (c) Michael Christian 2011
Barbarian (c) Michael Christian 2011
Barbarian (c) Michael Christian 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment