Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bearded Stiffy Metal night out

It's not very often that you almost fill up a 32Gb card at one gig, when I say not very often, I mean never. It would seem that the exception to the rule is when you have three bands playing and one act dresses up as sailors and sings songs about stiffys, one act plays that old skool metal and dresses up as barbarians and the third act whose songs are all about having a beard.

The Stiffys are a band from Melbourne and as mentioned before, they dress as sailors and sing songs about stiffys. Just a bass and drums for most of it, and it was awesome - they gave great photo.

I had shot Barbarion before and as part two of my awesome night they were still fucking amazeballs to shoot. Not much else to say really, if you haven't seen these guys - you really need to.

The Beards is one of those bands that I thought I would get sick of seeing live. I know I shouldn't say that because my beard will probably turn on me and stab me to death in the night, but I have seen them 4 times so far and I would see them again tonight. It's the clever mix of great musicians, great subject and great execution.  BEARDS!

Thanks also to The Beards' management for allowing me a AAA pass :)

Shot for the AU review

See the whole lot here (sorry for the massive set, but it was hard enough culling it down to this!)

The Stiffys © Michael Christian 2012

The Stiffys © Michael Christian 2012

Barbarion © Michael Christian 2012

Barbarion © Michael Christian 2012

The Beards © Michael Christian 2012

The Beards © Michael Christian 2012

The Beards © Michael Christian 2012

The Beards © Michael Christian 2012

The Beards © Michael Christian 2012

 Now for some entertainment!

Taken from the new album You Should Consider Having Sex With A Bearded Man by The Beards:


Now the awesome video for Barbarians' My Rock



The sweet sound of a Stiffy:

ComScore

No comments:

Post a Comment